We are bombarded on a daily basis with photos (often heavily photo-shopped) of glamorous celebrities and models, advice and fad diets telling us how to achieve the perfect weight and shape, and even YouTube videos telling us how to apply makeup so we look pretty.
And the subliminal message behind each one? You're not pretty enough or sexy enough or womanly enough.
When you hear or see a message on a daily basis it becomes all too easy to start believing it. And that's something I want to change.
I want to celebrate our individual natural beauty, and I want to celebrate that each and every one of us is uniquely beautiful.
On my Simply Skin Facebook Page, every Wednesday afternoon, I have been posting "beauty-full quotes" with an aim to change the way we see ourselves and see our bodies.
Now I've decided to take that another step
further and will be creating Beauty Affirmation pictures that you can
use as your Desktop Wallpaper, for free. So everytime you turn on your
computer you can read your Beauty Affirmation and say: "Yes, I am
Guidelines for creating the perfect Desktop Wallpaper
Before copying one of the pictures below, you'll want to quickly check your screen settings because
the worst thing you can do is use a wallpaper with an aspect ratio that
differs from the aspect ratio of your screen.
The aspect ratio of a rectangle is simply the proportion between width and height. The most common are 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3. And it will be for these 3 sizes that I shall provide you with your free wallpaper.
To find your screen resolution follow this basic guide. Steps for your computer may vary slightly but I hope this will give you some guidance:
- Right-click the desktop and select Display settings.
- Scroll down until you see "Resolution" (you may have to choose an "Advanced" option)
- To find your aspect ratio, divide the width over the height. For example, if my resolution is 1920 x 1080 then I would divide 1920 over 1080 to get 1.778, which indicates a 16:9 resolution. Similarly, 1.6 indicated 16:10 and 1.333 indicates 4:3
- When you've calculated your screen's aspect ratio, go to the picture below that matches that size
- Right click on the picture and select "Set as Desktop Background"
- Choose whether to "Fill", "Fit", or "Stretch" your picture - if you've chosen the right size "Fit" will be your best option
- Select "Set Desktop Background" and you're done.
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Aspect Ratio 16:10
Aspect Ratio 4:3